I think I start off half of these blogs by apologizing for not having written more, so I'll not do so this time around. Hmmm, I guess I just did. Anyhow, lots of really momentous things have happened around here since my last blog.
Most notably, yesterday, my little girl turned two. That's right, Abbi is the big 2. I have this terrible feeling that twenty years will go by just as quickly as the last 2. We just returned from our big trip on Saturday. We had been gone since the previous Thursday and driven many, many hours in a big van with our friends, the Epperlys. I won't go into details now, but it was a phenomenal trip. For more day by day records of the trip (at least from John's perspective), check out http://www.epperlyadventures.blogspot.com/ . He's done a good job keeping things up lately- I think he was typing in the van!
here are the websites for the places we visited:
We got back to Karanda on Saturday from the trip and the power, as is too often the case, was out. So, we just waited until Sunday morning to start baking up a storm. We made 2 pans of brownies, two pans of cup cakes, one layer cake, and two (failed) pans of chocolate cup cakes. April worked very hard to give Abbi a special day out here in the bush, and I'm very proud of her. Abbi really needed very little fanfare to feel special, as she's been building this day up in her head for the last week or so. She's been saying "Abbi's got a big day coming up!" for a week now. And a big day it was! We had some local kids over at 3 for swimming, cup cakes, and ice cream. Then, we had the missionary community over at 6:30 for a second party. Abbi was a ham the whole time and really had a great time. Her grandparents event sent her nice party favors and gifts in the mail, which she really enjoyed yesterday! We were sad, though, to be without the rest of our family on this big day.
In other news we picked up Shea's mom, Rhonda, in Harare on Friday night. She'll be with us until we leave here in a month to come home. She's already been a delight to be around, a huge help around the house, and generally a nice part of home that came to us a month early.
No comments:
Post a Comment