Please pray for Karanda right now.... No water for 5 days.... Borehole is drying up....hospital is in rough shape, as you can imagine.
We can survive fine, but things at the hospital are difficult. No water makes things like sterilization and running oxygen very difficult. Also, the bulbs on all the microscopes in the lab are burnt out so they are not able to do "Malaria Parasitic Smears" to diagnose Malaria. We only have about 50 rapid diagnostic tests for malaria, so that will last through Tuesday or so. We made a trip down to the borehole to fill some buckets last night to find that the borehole is also drying up. God always provides so we're not too worried, but please remember the hospital in your prayers today.
I smile as I read Psalm 63:1 " O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water."
God is in full control :-)
It's amazing how often the Bible speaks of "water" :
John 4:10 Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”
John 7:38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”
Nehemiah 9:15 "You gave them bread from heaven when they were hungry and water from the rock when they were thirsty. You commanded them to go and take possession of the land you had sworn to give them."
Isaiah 41:17 "When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst,then I, the Lord, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them."
John 4:13-14 Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
No comments:
Post a Comment