Monday, October 5, 2009

Burnin' down the house




Whilst we were hanging out at the Stephens' house the other night, we found out that we've got a little pianist on our hands. Check out her first recital. She's quite proud of herself, as you can see in the video.



I thought that was really cute, but I'm biased.
I concluded my day on the burn service today by debriding and grafting a man's left arm and neck. He lost most of the skin on that arm in a farming accident last month and he's lucky to be alive, really. I feel privileged to be involved in his care. I got to help out with removing the unhealthy tissue, harvesting the "split thickness" skin graft from elsewhere on his body and then stapling 725cm of it to the skinless area. I knew very little about burn medicine prior to going into this month. I did take the Advanced Burn Life Support course previously, which is a great course for all interested. All good info and little fluff. Interested parties can find information on that course at http://www.ameriburn.org/ABLS/ABLSCourseDescriptions.htm .




No comments:

Post a Comment