This week has been interesting. I recently started a rotation in Burn Surgery. It's been good in terms of learning principles of skin grafting, Ketamine use, wound care, wound debridement, and hunting for more opportunities for "extra curricular" medical education. Overall, the presence of an international fellow on the burn service is new and just needs some sorting out. I guess that's all part of being on the front end of a new fellowship, figuring out curriculum and everything. I'll try to post more on the development of this month as it goes along.

Last week April and Abbi spent time in Kansas City with my in laws, as you can see in the previous posts. At the end of the weekend, the girls spent the night at my parents house. You can see in the photos the everybody enjoyed our little girl!
I recently heard from Jack and Rick, my colleagues currently working in Zimbabwe. Not only are they having an excellent medical and surgical experience, but they also seem to be thriving in Zimbabwe. This all makes me smile. Here are a few photos of Jack and Rick that I stole from Facebook (If somebody would just update their blog, I'd quit stealing your stuff!).
Since Thursday, I've been putting in a (relative) lot of hours in the hospital. I rounded early in the morning both days this weekend. However, after a nap on Saturday I took the girls to a local wildlife park and today we wound up at the local Zoo. We spent a lot of time this weekend as a family, looking at exotic animals, petting goats, turtles, and bunnies and going through copious amounts of hand sanitizer. It was pretty fun. To top the weekend off, we went over to the Stephen's house for dinner and conversation. Dr. Stephens is our fellowship program director. He and his family are truly delightful people and have served as a source of inspiration, wisdom, and joy to us since we have known them. We will truly miss them when our time here comes to a close.





No comments:
Post a Comment